Conduct Standardized Performance / Baking / Analytical Tests
- Fully understand and execute typical bakery food performance and analytical evaluations.
- Perform tests in lab, on pilot installations and assist in plant trials and initial runs.
- Manage standardized performance tests, understand and verify variations.
- Maintain complete, accurate records associated with all activities.
Make samples for demonstrations or internal and / or external purposes
- Ensure analytical correctness.
- Respect Quality Assurance criteria of samples (traceability, GMP, …).
Support specific projects in close collaboration with R&D Management
- Travel, when necessary, ability to work at customers location (with technical support). Possible overnights.
- Support R&D tasks during the product development / adaptation process.
- Conduct analytical and application tests on bakery type products. Including,
- Bakery Mixes
- Patisserie Mixes
- Fruit Fillings
- Crème Fillings
- Icings and Glazes
- Evaluate new and alternate Raw Materials and compare to standards.
- Maintain supporting documentation.
- Demonstrate self-motivation and initiative
- Keep work areas clean, orderly and organized.
- Maintain fresh stock of frequently used ingredients
- Request laboratory supplies as needed.
- Ensure that all equipment and tools are functioning properly.
- Ensure efficient and respectful use of the R&D equipment and Plant areas.
- Report all food safety and quality issues to immediate Supervisor and take immediate action as defined in the site protocol.
- Comply with food safety procedures upon new raw material selection, product development or modification and sample preparation.
- Adhere to plant food safety protocols and training requirements.
Responsible for any other assignments or duties within the scope of the industry as directed by the Supervisor