Manage the R&D team and their output
- Align the R&D activities with sales, marketing and operations expectations
- Continuously challenge the optimal use & efficiency of R&D and measure with KPI
- Assure a pipeline of talent and ensure competence building in an environment of self-motivation and interdependency
Contribute actively to the category strategy
- Identify market / product opportunities and threats and implement action plans accordingly
- Implement and support the yearly initiatives and actions
- Closely follow the sales results and propose measures to ensure profitable growth
- Ensure a functional link with the BU responsibles in the Head Quarters
Development of new products and concepts
- Formulation of products in line with the yearly marketing plan by active participation in the Stage & Gate process.
- Tailor-made customer demands by following our Stage process.
Adaptation of existing formulas
- cost reduction programs maintaining performances, including raw material rationalisation
- participate pro-actively in optimisation of existing portfolios (SKU reduction, positioning, ...)
Business Development support to Sales for above mentioned product categories by :
- identifying new business opportunities at large customers (prospection)
- detecting products at risk
- implementing appropriate solutions (existing and new)
- making internal and external presentation and seminars explaining benefits of our products
- Participate in strategic exercises intending to develop our business in the above mentioned products. This should be based on a good understanding of the local market.
Support Operations and TQM :
- support in case of quality issues : judging, root-cause analysis and rework
- ensure all steps are respected for a faultless implementation of new products in production
- review on a yearly base with QC the non-conformities and look for optimizations
- support the TQM requirements
Manage accurately all technical administration
- Ensure complete documentation on raw materials, formulations, process parameters, item requests, QC tests, labelling, TDS... on new or revised products;
- build an accessible project documentation in line with our NPD procedure by using the appropriate tools
- support the Technical Documentation department
- ensure confidentiality on formulas and know-how;
- monthly reporting to Senior R&D manager and to the R&D manager of the category in HQ
Build expertise & network in speciality area
- Becoming leading expert in the product range by training and field experience.
- Ensure a functional link with the BU specialists in the Head Quarters
- Build around the expertise an active network of high commercial value of customers, machine suppliers, researchers, vendors and the international Puratos R&D community
- Provide intelligence on innovative raw materials & technologies that can differentiate our products
Assure premium performances of the R&D lab by designing standardised baking tests and respecting the 5S and GMP policy.
Food Safety :
- comply with our food safety procedures upon new raw material selection, product development or modification and sample preparation.
- report all food safety and quality issues to immediate Supervisor and / or head of Quality.
Responsible for any other assignment given by the direct superior.